- Focus and Scope
- Peer Review Process
- Open Access Policy
- Journal Code of Ethics
- Originality Letter
- Indexed on
- Article Processing Charge
- Publication Frequency
- Editorial Process
- About complaints due to Journal’s actions
Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación, arbitrada por la Universidad de Medellín, es una apuesta editorial que busca publicar y difundir el nuevo conocimiento en el área de la comunicación, destacando investigaciones en el ámbito desde variadas perspectivas, tanto teóricas como empíricas o aplicadas, sobre temas actuales relacionados con: entretenimiento, comunicación pública, publicidad, relaciones públicas, periodismo, comunicación política, memoria e industrias culturales.
Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación acoge artículos de investigación y de reflexión, los cuales se encuentran disponibles en línea con acceso abierto desde el 2015, y van dirigidos a profesores, investigadores, estudiantes y profesionales de la comunicación y afines. El rigor metodológico y la obtención de resultados de investigación son requisitos para la revisión y publicación de originales.
La revista existe desde el 2002. En la actualidad tiene la versión en papel y electrónica que permite su lectura en cualquier parte del mundo. Las dos versiones que se publican al año dan una mirada profunda en una alta gama de temas a los investigadores en comunicación.
Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación, seeks to make useful and reliable contributions to researchers in communication. The traditional process of anonymous referees reviewing ensures the level of rigor and originality required. Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación is an arbitrated journal that uses the system of external review by experts, according to the publication rules of the American Psychological Association (APA). The fulfillment of these requirements facilitates their indexation in the main international databases, which guarantees a broader diffusion of published works.
Under the double-blind modality, all articles are reviewed by the Editorial Committee, which verifies the full compliance with the requested criteria found in these instructions. In case of not complying with any of these requirements, the author (authors) will be informed.
After this initial review, the documents are sent to expert peers who evaluate the scientific and academic quality of the works. Once the external academic peers’ concepts are received, a decision is made, which can be acceptance with adjustments, final acceptance, or rejection.
Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación stipulates the following times for the evaluation process:
a) Preliminary phase of manuscript acceptance or rejection (maximum 30 days)
b) Evaluation phase of manuscripts with their rejection or acceptance including adjustments (maximum 150 days)
c) Text editing in preprint (digital). Abstracts publication in English. (15 days)
This journal provides immediate free access to its content under the principle of making research freely available to the public, which in turn promotes greater global knowledge exchange.
Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación preserves the copyright of the published works, and favors and allows their reuse.
Works published in the Journal’s electronic edition with a Creative Commons license may be copied, used, circulated, transmitted and publicly displayed provided that:
a) Authorship and the original source of publication (journal, editorial and URL of the work) are cited.
b) They are not used for commercial purposes.
c) The existence and specifications of this license of use are mentioned.
For the Authors:
- Authors should express originality and clarity of the article, data truthfulness, and validity of the research and its relevance with respect to the journal’s scope.
- Authors should know the “instructions to the authors” and observe them entirely.
- Authors should report any significant conflict of interest, if any, to all the collaborators.
- Authors should inform the editors if any person should not review the material, always based on a reasonable and viable basis.
- Authors should know the dates of publication of the journal, as well as the deadlines to send and accept the articles.
- Authors can appeal any editorial decisions.
For Peers or Arbitrators:
- Review of articles should be made by blind expert peers based on the international double-blind system that assures that the review has been made in compliance with relevant anonymity standards.
- Peers should report any conflict of interest resulting from their closeness or hostility with authors; and if they have identified the authors despite their names have not been included in the article. Arbitrators should report any conflict of interest and reject any invitation from editors to evaluate an article when they have, for instance, identified the authors, when they are academically or familiarly related to the authors, when they belong to the same university, department, research group, professional network, research project or any other type of connection or conflict / professional proximity. In this case, the peer should reject the editor’s offer to review the article.
- Peers should review the article within the terms assigned by the journal, with the purpose of respecting due terms (60 days), as a way of showing respect for authors and their works.
- Peers should keep strict confidentiality during the evaluation of articles and should never disclose contents to third parties.
- Peers’ opinions are extremely important to detect originality of contents and assure scientific and literary quality of the articles.
- Evaluations should include an exhaustive analysis of the article, by contrasting the information provided, verifying relevant scientific literature used for the document, and presenting a quantitative and qualitative report to the editors about the article suitability for future publication.
- Peers should issue some comments about ethical problems and potential improper research and publication behaviors that may emerge from the material received.
- Editors should assure quality of the material to be published on the journal.
- Editors should select expert peers having knowledge, experience, and academic history in the field and not having any conflict of interest.
- Editors should respect all copyrights.
- Editors should assure confidentiality and anonymity of authors and peers during the entire process. Confidentiality should also be applicable to consents and special requirements necessary for conducting research with human beings and animals.
- Editors should publish corrections, clarifications, retreats, and apologies whenever it should be necessary.
- Editors should actively look for standpoints of authors, readers, peers, and members of committees and/or editorial boards from other journals, in relation to potential ways of improving their publication processes.
- Editors should comply with the semester publication periods expressed in Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación Journal.
- Editors should identify, select, and review the composition of the editorial committee and the scientific committee of the journal, based on the experience and academic history of their members.
- Editors should use the implemented systems to detect data falsification for frequent use or in those cases where a suspicion of plagiarism arises. In order to verify this aspect, Journal “Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación” commonly uses the Turnitin anti-plagiarism software as a way of determining similarity of contents with respect to other documents.
Authors should complete and sign the following originality letter and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
REVISTA ANAGRAMAS RUMBOS Y SENTIDOS DE LA COMUNICACIÓN
UNIVERSIDAD DE MEDELLÍN
Re: Statement on Originality.
I, _____________________________________________, holder of citizenship card No.: ____________________, herein acting as the author of the article entitled: ______________________________________________, do herby nominate the article named above for its publication on the Journal ANAGRAMAS, RUMBOS Y SENTIDOS DE LA COMUNICACIÓN. (ISSN 1692-2522)
I hereby certify that I (we) am(are) the original author(s) of the article presented for potential publication on the journal. Contents of the article are the product of my (our) intellectual contribution. All data and references to already published materials have been duly identified and given relevant credit and included in the bibliographic footnotes and relevant quotes. Texts presented have not been published or accepted for publication on other journal or media. The article has not been simultaneously nominated on other journals.
For the abovementioned, I (we) hereby state that all materials presented are totally free of copyrights; therefore, I (we) assume total responsibility for any claim or suits associated to copyrights, indemnifying Universidad de Medellin from any responsibility appertaining thereto.
If the article entitled _______________________________________ is approved for publication on the journal, I (we) as the author(s) and proprietor(s) of the copyrights do hereby authorize Universidad de Medellin, with no limitations to include the contents of the article in Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación, so that they can be partially or entirely reproduced, edited, distributed, exhibited, and disclosed in the country and abroad through present or future printed or electronic media.
SIGNATURES OF AUTHORS:
The Journal is included in the following databases:
- Categoría A2 in the National Bibliographic Index of Serial Scientific and Technological Colombian Publications of Colciencias (Publindex)
- Gale Cengage Learning
- Fuente Acádemica Premier - EBSCO -
- SocIndex - EBSCO -
- Educational Research Abstracts - ERA -
- SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online
- Red Iberoamericana de Innovación y Conocimiento Científico
Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación journal has no charges or fees for processing articles (Article Processing Charge [APC]) sent by the authors
Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación has a biannual publication periodicity. The journal permanently receives articles for publication at any time of the year.
The first issue is published in April and the second in September.
To formulate complaints about Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicación, please follow the procedure below:
- The best way to resolve your concerns is to email email@example.com clearly stating the reason for your disagreement.
- When the complaint refers to the performance of one of the reviewers, or a member of the Editorial Committee, please direct your communication to the Journal’s editor.
- When your complaint relates to the general behavior of the editorial team, or editor, please direct your communication to Ms. Amalia María Cano Castaño, Coordinator of the imprint, or Sello Editorial of the Universidad de Medellín, firstname.lastname@example.org, sending a copy to the journal’s email.
- The journal will have a maximum of five business days to confirm the reception of your complaint.
- Depending on the complexity of your case, the journal will have up to four weeks to provide a complete response to your request.
- The Journal’s editor is the instance that, under normal conditions, issues a maximum criterion about your complaint.
- In case that the Journal’s editor may not issue a maximum criterion, it will be the Coordinator of the imprint, or Sello Editorial, who issues the last criterion to solve your case.
Sources of Support
The journal Anagramas Rumbos y Sentidos de la Comunicaciónis a biannual publication of the Faculty of Communication of the Universidad de Medellín. The magazine was born in 2002. It is a publication of scientific nature that collects national and international production in the field of communication. It has biannual periodicity and its target audience is the scientific and technological community regarding communication issues. It publishes articles on scientific research, reflection and review. Its purpose is to disseminate scientific knowledge, strengthen research networks and generate academic community.